
I got some new shoes a few days ago and took the maiden voyage in them tonight. I was a little nervous because shoes make a big difference for me. I have a terrible/mis-angled (if that is even a word) over-pronating left leg/knee/foot. Sounds terrible and it pretty much is. I've had shoes that have been so wrong they made knots in my calves the first mile. So, once I found a good one, I stuck with it (Mizunos). I decided to try a new shoe this time though - so I went with the Nike (Triax 12). So far so good - we'll see how the next couple of runs go. It's a cute shoe too...and matches my new gray sweat cap.
My running companions and I are just starting to get back into our training. We were doing well up until the first week of July and then we all went our separate ways on vacations etc... so are jus now starting to get back into the swing of things. It's actually quite sad how much damage a month off can do. I've only ran 4 times in the last 6 weeks - and it is very obvious. I feel like I'm starting completely over! Tonight we ran what would normally be a very easy run - but it wasn't that at all. We have a lot of work to do. That's what I love about running though - you just dive back in and start working your way back up again. It's sort of like that TV show WIPEOUT (quite possibly the best show ever by the way). You just get up and keep going, regardless. And, like usual, I'm sure glad I did it.
i am glad i'm not her she is not winner at that
ReplyDelete